Glowing Employment Opportunity
The Firefly Group, a full-service marketing, public relations and community outreach consulting firm on the Treasure Coast, has a glowing employmentopportunity for the right individual to join our firefly team.
The Buzz on Firefly
Founded in 2003, Firefly provides marketing, branding, public relations, strategic planning, social and digital media management, website development and community outreach services to clients throughout Florida. We serve businesses of all sizes and industries, government agencies, landowners and non-profit organizations. Firefly offers an exciting and creative work environment where our goal is to deliver illuminating ideas and glowing results to our clients.
Firefly has received more than 90 awards over the years at the local and state levels for our work and have been recognized three times by HR Martin as a “Best Places to Work” in Martin County.
Illuminating Job Description + Perfect Skill Set = New Firefly
Firefly is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, creative, enthusiastic, hard-working individual to add to our “jar” (a.k.a. the office.) The right person will thrive in an ever changing, fast-paced, deadline-oriented, fun and family-friendly environment. Being a team player and enjoying a collaborative atmosphere must be a genuine part of your personality to fit with our company culture.
Brilliant Skill Set Needed:
- Experience in marketing and/or public relations, digital/social media
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to work independently, provide follow-through, show nearly neurotic attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Strong project management, organizational, and administrative capabilities
- Natural affinity for building positive working relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or a related field or equivalent education/experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media platforms, e-marketing software (such as Constant Contact and Mailchimp)
Additional Skills that are a plus:
- Graphic design, Adobe Create Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Video production and editing
- Experience working for/with non-profit organizations; fund Development/fundraising
- Special events management
- Meeting and event coordination - in the world of COVID
- Research skills
- Database management
- Client Relationship Management and Project Management
- Coordination of marketing and branding initiatives such as logo development, website development, social media and digital strategy development and implementation, e-mail marketing
- Coordination with third party vendors/consultants including graphic designers, web designers, printers, photographers, videographers and printers
- Social media – content development, curation, online research, posting, boosting content, ad campaign development, coordination with clients
- Media relations – press release development and distribution
- Client/Project Management – assistance in administering client scopes of work and deliverables, development and adherence to timelines
- Event management – virtual and in person (in the future): coordination and logistics for non-profit fundraising events; public workshops and community meetings for government-related projects; open houses, groundbreakings, and other client special events
- An opportunity to work in a fun, positive, environment with flexibility, autonomy and camaraderie
- Three weeks of paid vacation (including being closed between Christmas and New Year’s)
- Matching Simple IRA plan
- Flexible, work-from-home options
- Breakfast on Fridays, dress-down Friday
- A small firm with lots of room to learn and hone your skills
- Knowing you are making a positive difference in the community
- We’re in the midst of a global pandemic yet Firefly is busier than ever
Interested in growing and glowing with us?
Email your resume, along with an extremely impressive cover letter, references, writing samples and any letters of recommendation to email@example.com:
Creative Director and Jar Tender
The Firefly Group
1211 SW Sunset Trail
Palm City, Florida 34990
Click here to view the PDF form.